Thursday, August 21, 2008

Random Images

Today I went to Railway Square and took some images of some old classical buildings.
I realized most of those buildings are already resued for other purposes!

Here's the photos(I'm using another host to upload the photos so it may take a while to view):







































This building is the Wake Up hotel, which is located in Railway Square. In fact, just opposite of the Medina hotel I did for the brick regulation project. These two buildings have a lot of similarities, such as the bricks are both red in colour, and they both have rows of bricks protruding out, which make me feel that they are built in a similar period of time when I first saw it. However, this building is not so heavily decorated, which shows great difference that separates the two buildings apart.

Moreover, when I investigate the building more closely, I recognised that the bricks use by this hotel are pressed bricks, which has a more smooth texture. The bond that was used is Flemish bond with a flushed finish, which again makes the two building different from each other.

No comments: